"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Friday, May 21, 2010

WWMD?

Praise the Lord, we did it again. We made it to Friday.

Pulling my lazy butt outta bed and onto the treadmill was especially tough after staying up way too late to watch the “Grey’s Anatomy” season finale last night, but man was it worth it!

Holy cow! It wore me out!

Today’s picture has nothing to do with anything, really, except that I never followed up to tell you what my husband got me for Mother’s Day.

Well, here it is. He had our son’s 1-year-old picture matted and framed, and he hung it in our stairwell. I love it.

I just can’t believe it’s less than five months and we’ll be getting his 2-year-old pictures made.

Anyway, I just want to thank each and every one of you for continuing to read this blog, and for supporting me on this journey. It has helped me more than you’ll ever know.

I get comments and letters from readers daily, and they make my heart smile.

Yesterday, I got a note from a high school friend who told me that she has an icon on her phone that links directly to my blog.

While anyone caring enough to save an icon for me on a phone is amazing enough, she shared that her phone shortens the name to “Misty … sing it.”

I loved that.

And sometimes, I get the best compliments of my life from people I had no clue were even reading my blog.

I got this beautiful note last week:

“After 2 years of not running, I have started the Crim training program (because I am exercise co-dependent and it gives me a reason to make myself do the training). I also started running at 5 a.m. in the morning with a group of ladies and every morning I have gotten up and thought "What would Misty do?" I come to the conclusion that you would push on then so do I. You probably don't realize how many people you are inspiring to be healthier - so thanks from all of us!”

I tear up every time I read it.

Everyone: Life is short, so go out and have a fabulous weekend.

It’s what Misty would do.

Check back Monday for weigh-in day. Good news or bad, I’ll be here.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your mother's day gift!!!! Way to go JIM!

    For your running friends, or friends interested in starting running, check out this link (It's about starting running from the couch to 5K running plan):
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

    I haven't started running yet, still trying to figure out WHEN to do it. In the mornings when I have the kids, I'd be pushing a stroller on top of it, in the evenings, I only get 1.5 hours of play time with the kids when Kevin gets home. It's my favorite time of the day. But another 30 lbs loss, & I'll definitely start running.

    ReplyDelete