"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Monday, May 31, 2010

Hip vs. hip-hop

I just walked a 5K!

It was on the treadmill, but it’s a 5K nonetheless.

When I hit my normal 2.5 miles today, I actually felt really good, so I figured I’d just keep going to 3.1 miles since I didn’t have to be at work.

This is even more amazing considering I hurt my hip Saturday night dancing.

Yes, dancing.

Granted, there may have been tall, frothy, delicious adult beverages involved.

And super fly dance moves.

And flip flops.

But it scared me a little when it happened.

Both my mom and grandma have arthritis, and both have had hips replaced. I know the odds are against me, which is Reason No. 18 I need to get this weight off.

I took it pretty easy yesterday (translation: I was a slug who rarely strayed from the couch), but I figured I’d give it a shot today.

Walking the treadmill actually felt pretty good today, so I think it is something muscular, not in the bones. That’s a relief.

Plus, I had a little pep in my step because I had just weighed, and (drum roll, please) I lost 2 more pounds!

That brings my total to 34 pounds in 13 weeks.

OK, time to do some of the work I should’ve done yesterday, which includes switching over clothes in mine and my son’s closets.

He’s growing, and I’m shrinking.

It’s a good problem to have.

1 comment:

  1. I love all things shinyMay 31, 2010 at 6:20 AM

    Hooray! I was just about to text or call you because I was NOT getting out of my jammies until I'd read your post. Dang. Now I have to go be productive. Sort of. Take it easy ... (and congrats!)

    ReplyDelete