"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Friday, May 14, 2010

Sweet success

Happy Friday!

Operation: Somebody Get Misty Some Damn Pumpkin was a resounding success.

After my blog post Wednesday detailing the Great Pumpkin Shortage, offers of assistance started pouring in from as close as my neighbor across the street to as far away as Georgia and Texas.

Beating them all to the punch was my co-worker Nancy, who left this can of pumpkin on my desk for me to find when I arrived at work that day.

That’s enough pumpkin for two batches of Yum Yum Brownie Muffins.

So I made some last night.

Two words: Yum Yum!

Seriously, folks. I don’t care if you have to beg. Steal. Whatever.

Find some damn pumpkin.

This recipe is two ingredients, and it is amazing.

“I thought you’d be able to taste the pumpkin, but you can’t,” my husband said upon trying them.

“They’re delicious.”

I concur. This house gives these muffins an A+ (even if they might look like, well, you know, in the picture).

Hey, Nancy: Guess what you get for breakfast …

Check back Monday to see if I managed to lose anything this week or if finding a new chocolaty favorite was just plain dumb.

2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you will show a loss of 3 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Misty! Great progress! The last several weeks have been hectic - end of our season and all - so I haven't read in a while, but I'm happy to hear you're doing so well.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete