"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Monday, May 10, 2010

Time to step it up … again

Did you have a nice Mother’s Day?

Mine started off with lots of laughs as we found our son had stuffed several plastic balls from his ball pit down into his footie pajamas.

I received a couple of iTunes gift cards, which I can’t wait to use because I’m so tired of hearing the original 16 songs I loaded onto my iPod while walking on the treadmill.

(I’m tired of hearing them while walking on the treadmill. I didn’t load them onto the iPod while walking on the treadmill. That would be some serious multitasking.)

Anyway, I’m told that my main Mother’s Day Gift will “be finished” on Friday, whatever that means.

Until then, I am cherishing this little flower pot my son “made” me at daycare. I’m told the blue paint is his original masterpiece. I love it.

OK … weight loss.

This week, there was none. Zero. Zilch. A big, fat goose egg.

Uggh.

Thank goodness I had a few great weeks that put me ahead of where I needed to be to meet my weight loss goal, because these past two weeks have hurt big time.

At 10 weeks, 2.3 pounds a week (my goal) would be 23 pounds. I’ve lost 26.

So, I’m still ahead of my goal, but now only barely.

Time to step it up.

While I have been religious about working out, I’ll admit I haven’t been as strict on my diet and water intake lately. So, I will modify that accordingly.

Plus, starting today, I’ve added a half-mile to my morning walks, putting me at 2.5 miles each day (Monday through Friday).

I’ll leave the nighttime exercise class routine as it is for now and see how this goes.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment