"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It takes two

They say that behind every great man is a great woman.

For me, the opposite is true.

And while I don’t know how great I am, I’m certain that I couldn’t be doing any of this without the support of my husband.

A few of you have told me that you can’t find the time to exercise, plan all the meals, etc.

You’ll find no judgment here.

I know that if my husband wasn’t picking up much of the slack, I’d never make it all work.

He gets our son ready in the mornings so that all I have to do is get up, get on the treadmill and then get myself ready for work. He has him in his coat and ready for me to take to daycare.

He was all for it when I told him I was going to start Zumba classes a few nights a week, meaning even more of the responsibility would fall to him.

I’ve learned that sometimes, taking care of yourself has to be a very selfish thing.

You have to carve out chunks of your day that are strictly for you. For many of us, that is a foreign concept.

My hope is that this time I’m taking for myself will be given back to me and my family twofold in the quality of years I’m securing by getting healthy.

And I couldn’t do a bit of that alone.

Thank you, sweetheart. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Awww....Misty that is so sweet!! It made me tear up. I'm go glad you two have each other!! I love that Naterchip!

    ReplyDelete