"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Back to life, back to reality

I just got off the treadmill.

Despite the wheezing and the pounding pulse in my still-swollen ear canals, I eked out 1.3 miles in 24 minutes.

And there was the one point about halfway in that I almost died when the towel hanging on my handrail fell onto the treadmill and under my feet, causing me to have to jump off the side.

What doesn’t kill me will make me stronger, right?

Instead of writing about my routine further this morning, though, I need to actually get back to that routine. The trip and illness set me behind on preparing my vegetables, lemons for my water, etc., for work.

So I leave you today and hope your quest for good health is going well, too.

In the wise words of Chumbawamba:

“I get knocked down, but I get up again, you’re never gonna keep me down …”

No comments:

Post a Comment