"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Monday, June 28, 2010

What a nut

So, this morning I was dreaming that I sang in a talent show.

I have no idea what song I sang, but I do know I printed off the words and took them with me on stage.

That had to be pretty impressive to the judges.

Right as Ellen DeGeneres opened her mouth to announce the winner, my alarm went off.

Now I’ll never know if it was me.

Drats.

I wanted to share with you my latest find: Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds.

I had been curious about these every time I saw them next to my regular almonds at Sam’s Club. On Saturday, they were one of the samples, so I tried them.

Yumm-o. Just enough cocoa goodness, too, to tame chocolate cravings.

I was genuinely surprised when I found that they have exactly the same calories as regular almonds. So I bought ’em.

OK, OK. I know why you’re really here. The weigh-in.

I lost 2 more pounds last week, bringing my total so far to 39 pounds!

By the way, “next week’s” weigh-in will actually be conducted this Friday. We are heading out early that morning to Kentucky for a week, so I’ll be away from my scale – and computer – until Monday, July 12.

Oh, I know. What EVER will you do without me for a week?

No comments:

Post a Comment