"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Monday, June 21, 2010

No wiggle room

I actually feel like I had a weekend.

It’s amazing how weekends can seem a little longer when you pack a lot into them.

On Friday night after Zumba, I met my friends Michael and Tammie in Bay City for wings at Rattlesnake Rick’s.

If you’re anywhere around the tri-cities in Michigan and haven’t tried these wings, do it. They’re the best I’ve ever had.

I’ve always heard that if you’re going to stray from your diet, make sure it’s worth the calories.

These wings are worth the calories.

On Saturday and Sunday, we loaded up our son and headed to Bay City again to swim with our friends Mark and Monica.

They also have a trampoline, which I ventured onto.

I haven’t jumped on a trampoline since I was a kid.

It’s just as fun as I remember, but I didn’t remember it being the workout it is now. Whew!

While we were there, we also cooked out. My husband and I took over our turkey burgers to throw on the grill.

They had a low-sodium Heinz ketchup made with AlsoSalt that was really good. I had tried a no-salt ketchup before that was just awful, so I was skeptical.

All in all, it was a successful weekend. I even managed to mow the lawn in there.

And … drum roll … I also managed to lose 2 more pounds for the week, bringing my total so far to 37.

My goal of 2.3 pounds a week at 16 weeks is 36.8 pounds, so I am right on target.

But I’ve left no wiggle room.

I need a really good week this week. I need to work hard.

Join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment