"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blistering speed

Today I need your advice.

This first picture is of my right heel after this morning’s walk on the treadmill.

I recently rubbed a blister while walking that won’t completely heal.

Admittedly, it’s not as bloody as it was a few days last week, but it’s still annoying.

So, I went to the Band-Aid aisle at Target the other day and got these nifty “Advanced Healing” blister pads.

But when I walk, the pad kind of scrunches up and hangs by one little side by the end of my walk. That was a lot of fun while mowing yesterday.

So, I don’t know what to do.

Do you have blister advice? Lemme have it.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch. Try something like Dr. Scholl's corn pads (no jokes, right?) that look like padded LifeSavers. The opening over the blister keeps that area from friction. Then cloth surgical tape to keep it put, although it should stay where you stick it. I'm not sure if you should also apply Neosporin or something like that, keep hearing pros and cons of putting anything on a blister. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use moleskin when we hike. Michael swears by it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ranae78@hotmail.comJune 18, 2010 at 5:48 PM

    There is something called Dr. scholl's friction stick, & it's suppose to be really good for helping the areas that your shoe rubs on your foot to help protect it from blistering. I personally haven't tried it, I just saw a Dr. Oz episode where he recommended it.

    Not if you can use before you're healed... but something to help prevent a future blister.

    ReplyDelete