"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Thursday, June 3, 2010

The hips don’t lie

Ah, come on! You’ve GOT to be kidding me.

That was my exact thought last night about a third of the way through my Zumba class when the familiar SNAP! and stabbing pain struck my left hip, just the way it did during Danceapalooza on Saturday night.

I almost hit my knees in pain this time.

I have been on the treadmill four times since then, no problems.

I even had done Body Sculpting class right before Zumba last night. Again, no problems.

But I guess when I shake my booty, I’m like throwing out a hip or something.

How sad is that?!?

I have an appointment with my OB/GYN a week from Monday. Maybe I’ll try to convince him the hips are well within his um, “area” of expertise and get his opinion.

I was able to finish the class last night, modifying some of the more intense hip movements to get me by. It’s again just sore today.

The most ironic part? The song right after the one where my hip blew was Shakira’s “Hips Don’t Lie.”

Well, I’ll give you that.

But what exactly are mine trying to tell me?

Today’s picture is of my son’s art project from daycare yesterday. He kept carrying it around and saying “Piggy! Piggy!” It was cute. Hey wait, he better have been talking about the artwork …

No comments:

Post a Comment