"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Monday, June 14, 2010

Too much fun, not enough fit

Remember last week on Weigh-In Day when I declared that I needed to crack down on my diet?

Well, this time I REALLY mean it.

It seems my “fun” outweighed my “fit” this weekend.

(Psst – it was really, really fun.)

Here’s my husband and me all spiffed up before his best friend’s wedding. Laugh while you can. I don’t do dresses that often.

The next photo is at the reception. It was a dessert buffet.

I wanted to get naked and roll around in it.

Now there’s a visual that’ll haunt you for the rest of the day.

After the wedding and reception, the wedding party and a few others ended up a biker bar.

Yes, we went dressed like this. We didn’t stick out AT ALL.

There may have been adult beverages consumed. Then there may have been a very late-night McDonald’s run.

Whew. I’m too old for this.

And I stayed exactly the same on my weight this week.

Very good, considering the all-out assault on my stomach and liver. Thankfully, I had busted my rump physically, or I would’ve gained.

But it’s time to get serious. Again.

Luckily, I have friends who help keep me on track. This next picture, featuring the beautiful and witty Kim and Kristy, was taken last night after the first of what will be weekly Sunday night walks for us.

And then this last picture is of the cutie pie who begged to join us. He has taken to going to the door to the garage and saying “walk.”

How can I say no to that face?

This morning I have an appointment with my doctor – the first since I’ve started losing weight.

I’m actually kind of excited to weigh so he can see my progress.

But don’t think I won’t still take off my shoes before I step on the scale.

Oh hush. You know you do it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment