"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sweat to sweet

Just one more day ‘til Friday.

That’s no huge revelation, nor is it particularly productive to wish away your life. But it’s the thought that got my rump out of bed and onto the treadmill this morning.

I. Am. Pooped.

As your home “Misty Is Losing It” score cards should indicate, I switched to Body Sculpt on Wednesday nights.

But after class, I was there and I was already sweaty, so I thought, “What the heck.”

I stayed for Zumba class, too.

Needless to say, by the end of the two hours, I was soaking wet and dragging.

I don’t know. I may do it again.

Here’s a quick and easy recipe from loyal reader Shauna that we tried a couple of nights ago: sweet and sour chicken on the grill!

It’s basically just throwing a bunch of stuff together and slapping it on the grill. Easy is good.

She didn’t really indicate measurements, so I’ll just tell you what we did. It was plenty for two with leftovers.

Sweet and Sour Chicken


4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 each red, yellow and orange bell pepper
2 onions
1/2 fresh pineapple
1/8 c. sweet and sour sauce (per each pouch)


We chopped all that up and divided everything in two. Put each half of mixture into a tin foil pouch, add the sauce and throw onto grill.


We cooked it about 6 minutes, turned and cooked for 6, and turned and cooked for 6 more.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment