"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

No need to give up fast food

In my Hungry Girl newsletter yesterday, I saw where a recent study showed that women need at least an hour of exercise a day just to MAINTAIN their current weight.

Whaaa?

I didn’t have time to read much more than the summary of the study, but it did say it didn’t take into account any diet modifications.

Just goes to show that we can drag ourselves to as many exercise classes or onto the treadmill as much as we want, but if we don’t also cut our calories, we’re pretty much doing it for nada.

One way I’ve cut calories is by making smarter choices at the drive-through. (Remember Taco Bell?)

I still eat fast food for lunch sometimes because that’s reality.

And truth is, there are healthful choices … you just have to make them.

My latest favorite fast-food meal is from Wendy’s.

Used to, I’d get the Double with Cheese meal with large fries. That’s 1,290 calories.

These days, I like the Grilled Chicken Go Wrap (ask for no sauce) with a small chili.

Total calories for that meal: 400.

It’s very filling, which is important, and it’s downright tasty.

Mmm. I know what I’m having for lunch today …

No comments:

Post a Comment