"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Monday, April 19, 2010

7 weeks down

Well, it’s time for another reward.

As I told you before, I want to reward myself for every 10 pounds I lose.

Today, I lost 2 more to hit 20 pounds.

When I asked for reward ideas in addition to mine, friends suggested: a manicure, going to have my hair washed professionally, highlights, having my house cleaned professionally, and new bras and panties.

All great ideas, though I’m not sure about the highlights. I’ve colored my hair since I was 13 or 14 years old, and only in the past couple of years have I actually been back to my natural color.

At least I think it’s my natural color.

One friend suggested I save up rewards and cash them in when I hit 100 pounds for a diamond.

That’s not a bad idea, either.

Once I find time in what has become an increasingly hectic schedule, I’ll take a moment to pamper myself.

For now, I’ve gotta keep moving. Tonight is kickboxing night.

The only thing I care about finding on kickboxing night – once I crawl out of the gym and into my car – is my way home and my bed.

Thanks for continuing to read this silly little blog, my friends. You are the ones who keep me going.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment