"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Monday, January 17, 2011

Worth the sacrifice

[caption id="attachment_472309" align="alignright" width="383" caption="Do you hear angels singing, too?"][/caption]

I'm feeling a little off-kilter today. Instead of getting on the treadmill before work this morning, I was snuggling with a very grumpy 2-year-old (who is usually asleep when I work out).

Now I'm grumpy because I have to get in my miles when I get home tonight, plus get groceries, plus my husband needs a haircut …

See? That's why I like to get my exercise in first thing in the morning, so I don't dread fitting it into The Juggle at night.

And those morning workouts are serving me well. I lost … well, wait. Let me tell you about my weekend.

I made my way through two parties on Saturday. The first stop had lots of finger-foody deliciousness.

The second had PIZZA, WINGS and BEER — The Holy Trinity.

I chose one. I'll let you assume which one.

At both parties, though, I did have mostly salad. I tried to be sensible. (Yes, me. Sensible.)

I kept telling myself, "Nothing here tastes as good as being thin will feel."

It paid off. When I weighed this morning, I had lost 5 pounds!

Alan, my weight loss competition, says he stayed exactly the same for the week, but he also weighed with his clothes on this morning. (Who does that?)

So, I direct your attention to the scoreboard:

Misty, (Week 1) 4 pounds + (Week 2) 5 pounds = 9 pounds so far.

Alan, (Week 1) 2 pounds + (Week 2) Who knows = Take Your Damn Clothes Off Next Week.

Carry on …

No comments:

Post a Comment