"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Monday, January 24, 2011

3 weeks down

[caption id="attachment_472326" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Alan says he is starting to feel ribs."][/caption]

Happy Monday.

We've wrapped up the third week of our 2011 slim-down.

Alan lost 3 more pounds, and I lost 1.

I was actually kind of surprised by that, but a loss is a loss, so I'll take it.

This week will be a bit more challenging. I am on my own with the 2-year-old for part of the week, as my husband is in Atlanta.

And my left knee is starting to tighten and retain some fluid. I'm hoping it will resolve on its own.

And on Friday, I leave for my annual hardcore scrapbooking retreat, which always involves lots of sitting and noshing. I'll try to use good sense.

Oh, and I've officially been off Diet Coke now for three weeks, too. I drink water, unsweet tea and even the occasional black coffee. (I feel so grown up.)

Alan notes that he is starting to feel his ribs.

Ah, ribs. Mine are in there somewhere. Near my so-called "abs," I suppose.

I shall continue my quest to find them ...

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that I lost a pound last week..... considering I drank TWO full days worth of points with you on Friday night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Penny, but think of all the calories we burned dancing at the Kid Rock concert. We might be onto a new kind of diet here ...

    ReplyDelete