("Misty, you so crazy!")
Since we were last here, I got in my 3 miles on the treadmill, made a slushy trip to the gym this morning, and oh yeah … I signed up for the July 30 Warrior Dash.
Seriously. Click the link. I've lost my mind.
When my friend Kristy posted that she and her boyfriend were doing The Dash just two days after my friend Karen had first told me about it, I took it as a message from God.
Or maybe it was just one of the many voices in my head.
Either way, I'm all signed up. Since committing to the "Craziest Frickin' Day of My Life," I've found all sorts of folks who will be there with me.
I'm hoping that out of Kristy and Tony, Kleen, Paul and Quinn, Ilona and Tim, and Liz, SOMEBODY will help me if I get stuck in an obstacle, or at least roll my body out of the way.
The race is 3.3 miles and includes these obstacles along the way (think "Survivor" challenges):
- The Junkyard Jump, a stampede through the scrap yard
- The Warrior Wall, a climb up and over a wooden barrier
- The Deadweight Drifter, what I call some of my ex-boyfriends, plus a trudge through waist-deep water and over logs
- The Chaotic Crossover, a crawl across tangled nets
- The Arachnophobia, a trip through tangled ropes
- The Slithering Swamp, a venture into unknown murky waters
- The Walk the Plank, a trip across the gully on wooden planks
- The Cargo Climb, a maneuver over cargo nets
- The Warrior Roast, a leap over fire (yes, really)
- Muddy Mayhem, a scramble beneath barbed wire in the mud
And the very best part is you get a warrior helmet and beer! There's live music and what looks like a giant party afterward.
I'm doing the 10:30 a.m. wave. Why don't you join me?