"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gotta get the gear

Well, good morning!

A couple of observations since we were last here:

1. I need boxing gloves.

Not the pouffy, rounded, float-like-a-butterfly-sting-like-a-bee type I actually used in kickboxing classes 8-9 years ago, but the sleek ones all the cool kids are wearing like these pictured here.

With winter already beating the crap out of my hands, the bag work I did this morning in kickboxing class just added to it. I looked down at one point, and my knuckles were bleeding.

2. I officially have the weirdest feet of anyone you know.

This isn't too terribly surprising to me. I mean, I've had to live with the monstrosities my whole life.

But my freakishly high arches and astronomical width seemed to stun even the foot/shoe expert at the Runners store I went to last night.

I've been wanting to get fitted for really nice workout shoes for a while but decided to wait 'til I got my Christmas money.

The nice boy at the store meticulously measured my feet and and studied my "gait," a fancy word for watching how I walk.

And then he told me the words every gal wants to hear: "We'll have to special order yours. Most people are about a B width. You're an E."

Well, that's just super.

So, I'm gonna get some gloves and (in 5-10 days) some shoes for my freak feet.

Bloody knuckles and under-pronation be damned!

No comments:

Post a Comment