"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Friday, July 16, 2010

Snoozing and struggling and snakes, oh my!

Thanks to all of you who wrote to me about the book issue yesterday.

If there was any common theme, it’s that you appreciate the honesty of this blog.

Well, here’s some honesty: I’m struggling.

Since returning from our trip home to Kentucky, I feel like I can’t get enough to eat or enough sleep.

What a horrible combo.

Of course, it doesn’t help that we are also transitioning our toddler into his first real bed this week.

By the way, he has spent every single night in that bed since we got it.

No, it hasn’t been easy, but we’re getting there.

And God bless my husband for his patience, since our son would rather he be the one who sticks it out on the floor beside him than me.

That boy loves his da-da.

Anyway, this adjustment has not been all that great for my diet or exercise routine. This morning I opted, for the first time, to stay in bed rather than get on the treadmill before work.

I did manage three mornings of 3 miles on the treadmill, but I haven’t gotten to the gym at all this week, either.

Ah, well. I hope to be rested for the Alice Cooper concert tomorrow night, and then continue on this never-ending quest for a healthier life.

Yes, I said Alice Cooper. Probably the most random thing you’ll read all day, eh?

Support your farmers market

This picture is from my lunch break Wednesday, during which my friend Nancy introduced me to the Downtown Saginaw Farmers’ Market.

It is delightful! Makes me wish I had taken advantage of the Flint Farmers’ Market more when I worked there.

There was even live music, and I bought this painted wooden snake for my son from Nancy’s artist neighbor.

That night we had a delicious dinner of chicken, corn on the cob, tomatoes and a pattypan squash.

The Saginaw market is open on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

Find out when one near you is open, and go! Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. *ahem* And my awesome friend Kristy runs the Midland Area Farmers markets on Wednesday and Saturday from 7-Noon in Downtown Midland and Monday nights from 3:30-6:30 p.m.

    Sorry, I couldn't resist! And hang in there, I've heard you people with kids eventually do get to sleep again and then you forget all about the crazy times. :)

    ReplyDelete