"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Monday, July 12, 2010

I’m back. And fat.

OK, OK. I’m not gonna start off my first blog post since returning from Kentucky late last night by whining about how much weight I gained.

The whole “I ate whatever I wanted for a week and a half and now I’m paying the price, and I’ll never do that again since learning this very valuable lesson” bit seems too predictable.

I told you I was gonna eat, and I did. All 10 days.

And I gained four pounds.

These things happen, right?

Holidays and vacations and whatever will come our way, and we will take a break from our healthy selves.

It’s my first gain in 19 weeks, and I had fun doing it.

But the true test comes now. I … you … whoever … can come off a week like this and say screw it and keep eating that way, or we can say “damn, that was fun. Time to get back to the hard work.”

So … damn, that was fun. Time to get back to the hard work.

And hard work it will be.

I did take the time to walk several times while at my mom’s, actually. This picture is of my son checking out the bridge over the Green River in Livermore during one walk.

Had I not walked, I would have probably gained even more.

But I will tell you that I felt awful not eating right and exercising daily.

I actually like feeling healthy, and that’s what will get me dusted off and back on my healthy path.

It won’t be easy. I’m now way behind.

My net loss is now 36 pounds. To be on goal (2.3 pounds a week, at 19 weeks), I should be at 43.7 pounds.

I can do this.

I’m lacing up my shoes, thanking God for our safe trip and jumping back in the saddle.

Have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. The average weight gain while on vacation is 5-10 pounds... so you should feel good that you gained LESS than the average! I gained 4.5 pounds on our 10 day trip to MI, the hubby... gained ELEVEN! OUCH! I got back into the healthy eating today, a week back from vacation, not that what I was eating was horrible, just not my salad for lunch... but I have yet to exercise. My goal was to exercise this morning, then I woke up & could barely move, my back was LOCKED up horribly... ironic thing here, exercise would probably help! I will try again for tomorrow, and as you said, Damn that was fun, time to get back to the hard work!

    As for the Farmers Market, I sure miss the Midland Area Farmers Market, (RockStar tell your friend Kristy, she runs a fine market) we have a "farmers market" down the road from us (here in TX), but it's not like what I grew up with in Midland, this "farmers market" is one guy who gets his produce from farmers, but it's not fresh quality, and he charges grocery store prices. It's not the great investment & pride of the local farmers gathering to sell their crop... :(

    ReplyDelete