"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Monday, July 19, 2010

The pity party is winding down

Hey. I’m here.

But I might not be every day, and that’s OK.

That’s what many of you helped me realize on Friday afternoon when I started a pity party on Facebook by saying I was thinking about shutting down this blog.

I was tired, discouraged and overwhelmed.

But I got a ton of comments and messages saying that I don’t have to write every day, as long as I write.

I honestly had no idea how much people value this blog.

More importantly, I didn’t know how many people are emotionally invested in my journey as they find their way on their own.

And I promise you, I will never take that lightly.

So, I’m gonna keep on fighting my fight, and I’ll keep on sharing it here.

But I’m also going to write only when I can, when I have something to say, and when it doesn’t make me crazy because I’m running short on time or whatever.

I don’t want this to be a burden.

So, that’s that.

This picture is from this morning. A little before 5 a.m., this little fella came to my bedside carrying his blanket and Elmo, so I scooped him up and put him in bed beside me.

Trust me, it was hard to get out of bed with such a snuggly cutie there.

But I got up and weighed, and I had lost 3 of the 4 pounds I gained.

Then I got on the treadmill for 3 miles.

Welcome to a new week of this crazy journey, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment