"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Thursday, August 26, 2010

That love/hate relationship

Usually when I walk on the treadmill in the mornings, my son is still asleep. Today, he was up and walked into the room where I was walking.

I was grateful.

I had read a friend’s Facebook posting yesterday that her toddler granddaughter had handed her her baby doll and said she was going to work out.

How wonderful is that? What a great example she is setting on such a regular basis that her granddaughter would mimic that.

I haven’t felt like a very good example lately.

My working out has been hit and miss. And my diet has been, well, pretty much all miss.

That picture is from my very first blog posting about this journey. It illustrates my love/hate relationship with food.

I see major strides in some areas. When I first started out in March, 1 mile on the treadmill left me in pain and exhausted. Now I’m doing 3.

But I still fight the food battle day in and day out, and right now I’m losing.

Today has started off right.

I’m thankful for the promise of each brand-new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment