"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Friday, August 20, 2010

Just a swingin'

Many thanks to my work pal Alan, who took me to the batting cages yesterday. 

He plays for the super-cool throwback Bay City Independents base ball (yes, two words) team, so he pretty much schooled me.

But it felt good to swing a bat again. Natural. Calming.

And … I didn't even throw out my back!

It was fun. Lots of fun.

This weekend, you find something fun to do, too, eh?

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Last time I swung a bat, I discovered that...uh-hem...certain body parts that I didn't have during my youth seem to get in the way of my swing! LOL. I always think of you when I go to the Livermore ballpark. Keep swinging! Love ya, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rachel! I was just telling the folks here at work yesterday about going to the hospital after the time I caught a line drive right in the ribs from you at that ballpark! I learned to get my glove up faster so that never happened again.

    ReplyDelete