"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Monday, November 22, 2010

Rescue me … from this damn scale

[caption id="attachment_472225" align="alignright" width="224" caption="He sees dead people."][/caption]

I’m trying not to put as much importance on the scale these days, mainly because it drives me insane.

Like this morning before the gym.

I stepped on with FIVE great workouts behind me the previous week (2 Body Sculpt, 2 kickboxing, 1 treadmill), and … nothing.

The damn thing is not moving.

I’ll admit I’m pretty lax on my diet right now, but c’mon. I worked my ass off last week.

There were aching parts of my body throughout the week that I had forgotten I even have.

But that’s OK. I’m feeling stronger. More coordinated. Accomplished.

I know the weight will come off when I get strict on my diet again, which I will do.

For now, my body is getting stronger, and that is important. My lungs, heart and mood are benefitting, too.

I did start a new “thing.” My pal Alan had loaded my computer with the first season of the FX series “Rescue Me.”

I hadn’t had time to start watching it, but I made a rule for myself that I can watch it when I’m walking the treadmill.

The first episode Saturday got me through 3 miles!

Whatever works, eh?

Have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat. Keep working. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete