"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Friday, November 12, 2010

Love thyself?

[caption id="attachment_472201" align="alignright" width="300" caption="I stole this picture of Kristy from Facebook."][/caption]

I went to kickboxing with my good friend Kristy again last night. Something about her being there with me makes it suck so much less.

That's why I'm completely bummed that she is dumping me for a personal trainer.

What? My profuse sweating and incessant whining aren't inspirational? Pshaw!

Oh, well. I understand. And I wish her the best of luck. This crap is hard.

But I'm disturbed by my realization yesterday. I realized that I can totally let myself down, but I don't want to let down my loved ones.

So whenever Kristy said she'd be at kickboxing, I was there, too.

Now, I feel a little scared. Or pessimistic. I have only myself to answer to.

And "myself" has gotten quite used to my letdowns.

Why do I care more about others than myself? Why is accountability to myself not as important?

Something to ponder over the weekend. Have a good one, folks.

1 comment:

  1. I see now that you are not to be trusted in my Facebook photo albums. *ahem* Anyway, I'm not dumping you. I'm only dumping you on Tuesdays and Thursdays for a little while...maybe. But I shall find other days to attend so I can torture you on a regular basis...and then we can torture bouncy instructors together. :)

    ReplyDelete