"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Friday, October 29, 2010

Elvira has to go

[caption id="attachment_472170" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Daniel Evans, you so crazy."][/caption]

One of the many things I love about my job is what I call the Ohno “benefits package.”

We get hand-me-down toys and such for our kids. We get to play musical “Name That Year” during the day.

We might even close up shop early some days for deep thoughts over a sip of fine beer.

But one of the best parts is when they cook for us. Breakfast some days, lunch many days.

This week, Elvira has been cooking for us during her visit. Elvira is boss Michael’s German mom.

Elvira’s visit couldn’t have come during a worse time – my “get back to it” time.

Not that I don’t appreciate every delicious morsel she’s cooked. I do. Greatly.

But I stepped on the scale this morning, and it’s not heading the direction it should be. Even Michael mentioned that he’s gained 4 pounds since she’s been here.

So, Elvira, I love you. But my rump is glad you visit only a couple of times a year.

Speaking of my rump: I took this picture of the gym wall after kickboxing class last night.

If what it says is true, I still have an incredible amount of weakness in my body – probably trapped in my fat rolls.

I hurt in my arms and my legs. And my stomach. And my ass. And my hair.

TGIF, eh?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've had as much gravy in my life as I have had this week. Monday we'll be back to whatever goes for normal around here.

    ReplyDelete