"I've decided that perhaps I'm bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge."

-- Paula Poundstone

Monday, February 21, 2011

We're shrinking

[caption id="attachment_472355" align="alignright" width="300" caption="I have no idea who this dude is."][/caption]

We now resume your regularly scheduled programming.

Sorry about the lack of updates last week. I didn't hear from Alan since he was dealing with a flat tire last Monday morning. Then every time I got around to posting, I'd get busy with something else.

Alan may have had a flat tire, but what he doesn't have is a spare tire. Since we started this weight loss challenge Jan. 3, he has lost a total of 15 pounds!

Me? Well, if you remember the last time I wrote, I had gained 2 pounds. That was two weeks ago, and I've since lost 9 pounds.

I can hardly believe it, but since Jan. 3, I am now down 22 pounds (and down 46 since last March)!

(I admittedly might still be a bit dehydrated from helping my friend Karen celebrate her 60th birthday Saturday. But I'll take it.)

I'll leave you with this today, posted recently by my friend Tammie: "If you keep focused on the future, you'll always have a clean slate."

It's great for anyone trying to make a positive change.

It's a brand-new week. What will you do with it?

1 comment: